Red Line® MTL 75W80 GL-4 Gear Oil is popular for BMW®, Honda® and Acura®, Ford Focus®, late-model Mini Cooper®, Land Rover/Range Rover® LT77S®, Dodge® & Jeep NV1500®, NV3500® and NV5600® truck transmissions. This gear oil is a popular replacement for, and an improvement over, GM Synchromesh® (#12345349) and Auto-Trak II® (#12378508) and Chrysler spec MS-9224. Red Line® MTL 70W80 GL-4 Gear Oil is safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage. MTL 70W80 offers quicker shifts, eliminates notchy shifting (even when cold), and high performance gear protection. Satisifies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 70W, 75W, 80W, and motor oil viscosities of SAE 30, 10W30, and 5W30. Recommended for GL-1, GL-3, and GL-4 applications as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified. Sold in quarts.
Red Line® engine and transmission lubricants have long been the choice of racers and knowledgeable engine builders. The thermal stability, film strength and reduced parasitic drag found in Red Line® engine oil all contribute to lower operating temperatures, increased engine life and more power. Red Lines’® racing heritage is reflected in all of their products…you’ll see more Red Line® products at the track than any other lubricant manufacturer for all of these reasons.
About Red Line® Gear Oil for Manual Transmissions
• Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other’s synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
• Red Line® offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
• MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
• Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
• Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
• Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
• Available in quarts only