Red Line® MT-90 75W90 GL-4 Gear Oil (similar to SAE 5W40/10W40 engine oil viscosity) is popular in Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi, VW/Audi, Lotus Elise/Exige, and Toyota applications. MT-90 offers quicker shifts, perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction, high performance gear protection and longer synchro life. Eliminates notchy shifting, even when cold. Safe for brass synchros, as it lacks the reactive sulfurs found in most GL-5 oils that cause damage. Satisifies the gear oil viscosity requirements of 75W, 80W and motor oil viscosities of SAE 40, 10W40, and 15W40. Recommended for GL-1, GL-3, and GL-4 applications, as well as where most special synchromesh fluids are specified.
Red Line® engine and transmission lubricants have long been the choice of racers and knowledgeable engine builders. The thermal stability, film strength and reduced parasitic drag found in Red Line® engine oil all contribute to lower operating temperatures, increased engine life and more power. Red Lines’® racing heritage is reflected in all of their products…you’ll see more Red Line® products at the track than any other lubricant manufacturer for all of these reasons.
About Red Line® Gear Oil for Manual Transmissions
• Appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other’s synthetic gear oils are often too slippery for proper synchro engagement)
• Red Line® offers lubricants to pinpoint nearly every transmission application
• MTL, MT-85 & MT-90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears
• Excellent gear and synchro protection, balanced slipperiness for easier shifting in cold climates
• Excellent for high- and low-mile transmissions
• Compatible with petroleums and other synthetics
• Available in quarts only