ThunderMax® with AutoTune is the industry’s first and only stand-alone performance EFI management system developed specifically to meet the tuning needs of Throttle-By-Wire H-D® Trikes. This highly advanced tuning system is a completely new Electronic Control Module that replaces the factory unit and allows the user to install a wide range of performance enhancements that add-on signal modifier devices cannot properly execute.
- Tunes for Your Riding Style, Riding Conditions and Exhaust System
- Easy to Install and Use
- Cooler Running Engine
- Adjustable Rev Limit and Idle Speed
- Enhanced Throttle Response
- Quality Engineering, Made in USA
- 3-Year Factory Warranty
While each engine combination-specific ThunderMax® map has all of the items below optimized for you, included user-friendly TMaxII software allows access to these adjustable features, for those who like to tinker -
- Adjust Closed Loop AFR Targets for Power or Mileage
- Adjust Ignition Timing - Globally or by Specific Throttle Position, with Engine Temperature Input
- Speedometer Calibration
- Decel Pop Control
- Ability to Read and Clear Diagnostic Codes
- Records Running Statistics Every 100 RPM / Engine Temperature Logs
- Accel Pump Simulation
- Start Fuel Pulse
- Engine Temperature Alert Alarm
- Injector Size Compensation
- Live Engine Tuning
- Live Monitoring
- Live Recording
- H-D® Digital Tech Compatible
- Supercharger Compatible
- Warm-up Settings
- New –Map Analyzer feature assesses AutoTuned map adjustments in a snapshot to simplify map analysis
- New –AutoMap Creator feature speeds AutoTune mapping and improves the tune of any engine and exhaust pipe combination
- New –Store up to 5 Base Maps within the module and access them without linking to a computer
- New – Ability to change idle speed, speedometer calibration and clear AutoTuned adjustments without linking to a computer
Download the ThunderMax software for free! CLICK HERE!
The ThunderMax® EFI System is purpose-built to deliver uncompromising performance. The ThunderMax® with AutoTune is a Wide-Band, Closed-Loop system which means it continually and automatically adjusts your air-fuel ratios every time you ride, regardless of changes in ambient conditions. All you have to do is ride and enjoy!
The ThunderMax® system can never be out grown... Change pipes, add cams, whatever! Just download a new map. ThunderMax® software, firmware and map updates are accessible 24/7 with an internet connection.
The ThunderMax® with AutoTune is made in the USA and backed by a 3-year warranty.
- ThunderMax® TBW ECM with Integrated AutoTune Module
- 2 Wide-Band Oxygen Sensors
- USB Communication Cable
- TMaxII Tuner Software
- ThunderMax® TBW Quick Start Guide
SPECIAL NOTE FOR 2010 AND LATER TOURING MODELS - ThunderMax® includes wide-band, 5-wire oxygen sensors that thread into 18mm x 1.5mm bungs located near the exhaust port, same thread size and location as stock narrow-band, 2-wire sensors used on 2008 and 2009 Touring model exhausts. Starting with 2010 models, all Touring bikes are equipped with a catalytic converter in the headpipe collector area. The oxygen sensors used by H-D® on 2010 and later Touring models are smaller (12mm threads) heated 4-wire, narrow-band sensors located just forward of the catalytic converter near the transmission. The ThunderMax® sensors must be mounted in the 2008-2009 location, up near the cylinder head exhaust port. If you are retaining the original equipment 2010 and later exhaust header or have already purchased a pipe configured for 2010-up style 12mm sensors, 18 x 1.5mm bungs will need to be added to the existing headers in the upper location (near the exhaust port as on 2008 and 2009 models), with the lower 12mm sensors removed and ports capped. If using a not-yet-purchased aftermarket exhaust pipe, order an exhaust system for a 2009 model (pipe fitment is the same for 2010-2013 models) and your ThunderMax® sensors will install without modification. If you already have an aftermarket exhaust designed for a 2010 and later model Touring bike, you will need to install bungs as mentioned previously if the system is not equipped with dual bung locations. Weld-in bungs and 12mm caps are listed above.
Learn More About Emissions Compliance.
- Great product and Great Performance Review by Den
Rate This Product
I also installed H.D. 255 cams, H.D. adj. chromemoly push rods,
H.D. roller rockers and new heavy duty cam bearings. I installed
the map that I chose from your files. I had to change the final drive
ratio to get the speedometer to read correct. I now have 7,000
miles on this set up, 34-36mpg and it runs cool even at 90F plus
degrees in New Mexico at 6000' altidue. This is my 3rd T-Max
and I think they are excellent. Thank you Zippers! (Posted on 11/28/12)